Our mission is to enhance economic opportunities for U.S. agriculture by delivering commodity, credit, conservation, insurance, and export programs.
Each agency within the FFAS mission area is assigned segments of our overall mission.
FAS operates programs designed to build new markets and improve the competitive position of U.S. agriculture in the global marketplace.
FSA aids farmers and ranchers by stabilizing farm income, helping farmers conserve land and water resources, providing credit to new or disadvantaged farmers and ranchers, and helping farm operations recover from the effects of disaster.
RMA helps producers manage their business risks through effective, market-based risk management solutions. The agency promotes, supports and regulates sound risk management solutions to preserve and strengthen the economic stability of America's agricultural producers.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) -
Individuals will be provided employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
For more information on EEO Commitments within USDA and the various agencies please click on a link below:
- AFGE - American Federation of Government Employees
- AFSCME - American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees
- AO - Administrative Officer
- BUS Code - Bargaining Unit Status Code
- CED - County Executive Director
- CO - County Office (non-federal employees)
- COR - Contracting Officer Representative
- COR - County Operations Reviewer
- COT - County Operations Trainee
- COTR - Contracting Officer Technical Representative
- CSRS - Civil Service Retirement System
- DAFO - Deputy Administrator for Field Operations
- DAM - Deputy Administrator for Management
- FAS - Foreign Agricultural Service
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- FEGLI - Federal Employees Group Life Insurance
- FEHB - Federal Employees Health Benefits
- FERS - Federal Employees Retirement System
- FFAS - Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services
- EFT - Electronic Funds Transfer
- FLO(T) - Farm Loan Officer (Trainee)
- FLSA - Fair Labor Standards Act
- FOIA - Freedom of Information Act
- FSA - Farm Service Agency
- FTE - Full Time Equivalent
- GIS - Geographic Information Systems
- IDP - Individual Development Plan
- NFC - National Finance Center
- NAAE - National Association of Agriculture Employees
- Office of Personnel Management
- OJT - On the job training
- PD - Position Description
- RMA - Risk Management Agency
- SCD - Service Computation Date
- SED - State Executive Director
- TSP - Thrift Savings Plan
- USDA - United States Department of Agriculture
Date Last Updated 12/12/07