Skip repetitive navigation links.
United States Department of Agriculture Farm Services Agency Missouri
Go to State Office Home Page Go to FSA Home Go to About FSA Go to Newsroom Go to Online Services Go to Forms Go to Help Go to Contact Us Go to Spanish Languages
Search FSA
Go To Search Tips
Browse by Subject
Go to County Committee Minutes
Go to County Offices
Go to County Pcp Data
Go to Daily LDP Rates
Go to Programs
Go to News Letters
Go to State Committee Minutes
Go to State Events
Go to State News Releases

News Releases

Printable Version
July 20, 2012

Gerald Hrdina

Certain Missouri Counties Now Eligible for Cost-Share to Meet Emergency Water Needs

(COLUMBIA, Mo.) – July 20, 2012 – Livestock producers facing critical water needs to this summer’s ongoing drought may soon find some relief. Edward Hamill, state executive director for USDA’s Missouri Farm Service Agency (FSA), says counties classified as D3-Extreme Drought according to the U.S. Drought Monitor may be eligible for cost-share assistance for livestock water through FSA’s Emergency Conservation Program (ECP).

“ECP allows qualified producers to receive financial assistance to livestock producers to do what’s necessary to get livestock a water source during this critical time,” Hamill said.

Counties meeting the D3 classification must still go through an approval process prior to implementing the program. Counties not designated as D3 Extreme drought, may also qualify for ECP if they have a 40 percent shortage of rainfall in comparison to normal rainfall for the year.

“It is unknown if funding will be immediately available, but producers who are interested can begin making their cost-share requests, and they will be notified as funds become available,” Hamill said. “It is important for producers to talk to their local FSA office prior to digging wells or running water lines.”

ECP program participants can receive financial assistance for up to 75 percent of the cost to implement approved temporary emergency practices and up to 50 percent for permanent practices.

For more information on FSA’s Emergency Conservation Program, or other drought assistance, visit





USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer. To file a complaint of discrimination, write to USDA, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Ave., S.W., Stop 9410, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll-free (866) 632-9992 (English) or (800) 877-8339 (TDD) or (866) 377-8642 (English Federal-relay) or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish Federal-relay).
twitter FaceBook widget Ask FSA Fence Post RSS YouTube

Media Help
 To view PDF files you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.

To view Flash files you must have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer.

FSA Home | | Common Questions | Site Map | Policies and Links
FOIA | Accessibility Statement | Privacy Policy | Nondiscrimination Statement | Information Quality | | White House