Skip repetitive navigation links.
United States Department of Agriculture Farm Services Agency Alabama
Go to State Office Home Page Go to FSA Home Go to About FSA Go to Newsroom Go to Online Services Go to Forms Go to Help Go to Contact Us Go to Spanish Languages
Search FSA
Go To Search Tips
Browse by Subject
Go to County Committee Minutes
Go to County Offices
Go to County Pcp Data
Go to Daily LDP Rates
Go to Programs
Go to News Letters
Go to State Committee Minutes
Go to State Events
Go to State News Releases

Program Contacts
Voice: (334) 279-3502
Fax: (855) 747-0599
Cassondra Searight, Public Affairs Specialist
Voice: (334) 279-3523
Fax: (855) 747-0599
Susan Tranum, Key Agricultural Program Specialist
Shnequie Bowman-Greene, Agricultural Program Specialist
Stephanie Fitzpatrick, Agricultural Program Specialist
Voice: (334) 279-3523
Fax: (855) 747-0599
William Henderson, Chief Agricultural Program Specialist
Walda Malone, Agricultural Program Specialist
Rita Brown, Agricultural Program Specialist
Wanda Bowden, Agricultural Program Specialist
Shawn Gable, Agricultural Program Technology (GIS) Specialist
Voice: (334) 279-3434
Fax: (855) 747-0599
Anthony McCarty, Farm Loan Chief
Katie Richburg, Farm Loan Specialist
James Jackson, Farm Loan Specialist
Kathy Guerin, Program Technician
Voice: (334) 279-3504
Fax: (855) 747-0599
Jackie McCloud, Chief Administrative Officer
Patricia Epps, Administrative Specialist
Ginger Rider, Realty Specialist
Debra Jenkins, Administrative Specialist
Valerie Moses, Administrative Specialist
Valerie Lee, Administrative Specialist
Information Management
Tammy Jones, Management Information Systems (eGOV) Coordinator
Farm Programs

CRP is the USDA's single-largest, most effective environmental program. Producers enroll in CRP and plant long-term, resource-conserving covers to improve water quality, control soil erosion and enhance habitats for waterfowl and wildlife. In return, USDA provides producers with annual rental payments. CRP contract duration is from 10 to 15 years.
ECP provides emergency funding and technical assistance to help farmers and ranchers repair damage to farmlands caused by natural disasters and to help put in place methods for water conservation during severe drought.
EFRP provides payments to eligible owners of nonindustrial private forest (NIPF) land in order to carry out emergency measures to restore land damaged by a natural disaster.
BCAP provides financial assistance to owners and operators of agricultural and non-industrial private forestland who wish to establish, produce, and deliver biomass feed stocks.
GRP is a voluntary conservation program that emphasizes support for working grazing operations, enhancement of plant and animal biodiversity and protection of grassland under threat of conversion to other uses.
NAP provides financial assistance to producers of non-insurable crops to protect against natural disasters that result in lower yields or crop losses, or prevents crop planting. Eligible crops include commercial crops and other agricultural commodities produced for food or fiber for which the catastrophic level of crop insurance is not available.
LFP provides financial assistance to eligible livestock producers that have suffered grazing losses for covered livestock on land that is native or improved pastureland with permanent vegetative cover or is planted specifically for grazing. The grazing losses must be due to a qualifying drought condition during the normal grazing period for the county. LFP also provides compensation to eligible livestock producers that have suffered grazing losses on rangeland managed by a federal agency if the eligible livestock producer is prohibited by the federal agency from grazing the normal permitted livestock on the managed rangeland due to a qualifying fire.
Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP) provides financial assistance to livestock producers for livestock deaths in excess of normal mortality caused by adverse weather. In addition, LIP covers attacks by animals reintroduced into the wild by the federal government or protected by federal law, including wolves and avian predators.
ELAP provides emergency relief to producers of livestock, honeybees, and farm-raised fish. Covers losses from disaster such as adverse weather or other conditions, such as blizzards and wildfires, as determined by the Secretary, not adequately covered by any other disaster program.
TAP provides financial assistance to qualifying orchardists and nursery tree growers to replant or rehabilitate eligible trees, bushes and vines damaged by natural disasters.
FSA may make loans to build or upgrade farm storage and handling facilities. The maximum term is 7 years, 10 years and 12 years.
Marketing assistance loans provided producers interim financing at harvest to meet cash flow needs without having to sell their commodities when market prices are typically at harvest-time lows.
The MPP-Dairy is a voluntary risk management program that offers production to diary producers when the difference between the all milk price and the average feed cost (the margin) falls below a certain dollar amount selected by the producer.
Farm Loan Programs
FSA makes and guarantees loans to farmers who are temporarily unable to obtain private commercial credit. Under the guaranteed loan program, FSA guarantees loans made by commercial agricultural lenders up to 95 percent of any loss.
Farm ownership loan funds may be used to purchase a farm, enlarge an existing farm, construct new farm buildings and/or improve structures, pay closing costs, and promote soil and water conservation and protection. In FY 2014, Alabama loans exceeded $59.1 million.
Farm operating loans may be used for normal operating expenses, machinery and equipment, real estate repairs, and refinancing debt. In FY 2014, Alabama loans exceeded $20.8 million.
Microloans are direct farm operating loans with a shortened application process and reduced paperwork designed to meet the needs of smaller, non-traditional, and niche type operations. Apprentice and mentorship programs, non-farm business experience, and farm labor experience are acceptable alternative solutions for helping to meet farm experience and managerial requirements. In FY 2014, Alabama loans exceeded $5.6 million.
The Agency targets a portion of its loan funds to minorities and women farmers and ranchers. These targeted funds are not a program type; rather it distinguishes a specific funding source, which is known as Socially Disadvantaged Applicants (SDA). SDA’s include women, African-Americans, Alaskan Natives, American Indians, Hispanics, Asians, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders. The loan process and all loan requirements are identical for SDA applicants to those for non-SDA applicants. In FY 2014, Alabama loans exceeded $26.1 million
twitter FaceBook widget Ask FSA Fence Post RSS YouTube

Media Help
 To view PDF files you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.

To view Flash files you must have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer.

Last Modified: 02/05/16 9:16:02 AM

FSA Home | | Common Questions | Site Map | Policies and Links
FOIA | Accessibility Statement | Privacy Policy | Nondiscrimination Statement | Information Quality | | White House