State Executive Director
Welcome to Arizona
Welcome, I am honored to serve as Arizona’s State Executive Director.
Arizona is one of the most diverse states, in terms of agriculture, in the country. We are one of the nation's leaders in the production of winter vegetables, durum wheat, and upland cotton. Due to our gorgeous climate, we are one of the lucky states able to grow crops year round.
Our primary mission is to make sure that Arizona’s farmers and ranchers secure the greatest possible benefit from programs administered by FSA such as farm loans, commodity price support, disaster relief, conservation, and other available resources.
The hard working women and men of Arizona’s eight service centers are at the forefront of our efforts. They are the primary contact for all program participation and other related questions.
Please visit our site often for resources and to obtain the most up-to-date agriculture information pertinent to you. I also encourage you to reach out to the service center in your community for assistance in our various programs. You can find your local office at HERE
Gloria Montaño Greene
State Executive Director, Arizona
Rosario Hurtado (Chairperson)
William B. Jeffers
The Farm Service Agency
is a federal agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture
. Located in all 50 states, our mission is to help American farmers provide reasonably priced food and fiber to the nation and the world.
County Service Centers are located in eight Arizona communities to serve the needs of area farmers and ranchers. Click the link below for County Office phone numbers and addresses: HERE
The Farm Service Agency State Committee in Arizona oversees the activities of the agency. The members are appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture each year. They hear appeals from local farmers and guide the direction of agency policy.
Contact us at:
Arizona State Farm Service Agency
230 N. 1st Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85003
Our offices are open from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday-Friday. We are closed on Federal Holidays.
- May 2: Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) Sales Closing Date for: Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Flowers, Foliage, Nursery, Shrubs, and Trees
- May 31: Final Loan/ Loan Deficiency Payments (LDP) Availability Date for: Corn, Chickpeas, Cotton, Dry Peas, Grain Sorghum, Lentils, Mustard Seed, Rice, Safflower Seed, Soybeans, and Sunflower Seed
- July 1-September 30, 2016: Margin Protection Program (MPP) Elections for 2017
- July 15: Acreage Reporting Deadline for Alfalfa (Seed), Apricots, Beans, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cantaloupe, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Cherries, Childe Peppers, Corn, Cotton, Cucumbers, Dates, Garlic, Grapes, Greens, Honeydews, lettuce, Okra, Olives, Peaches, Pears, Peas, Plums, Pumpkins, Raisins, Squash, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes, Watermelon
- August 1, 2016: Deadline for Enrollment Agriculture Risk Coverage (ARC) /Price Loss Coverage (PLC) for 2016 crop year. Enrollment period runs December 7, 2015-August 1, 2016
- August 15: Acreage Reporting Deadline for Grain Sorghum
- August 31: NAP Closing date for Onions
- September 1: NAP Closing Date for Aquaculture, Crustaceans, Garlic, Turf Grass, Other Value Loss Crops
- September 1: Final Payment of Margin Protection Program (MPP) Premium Balances Due
- September 16: Extension deadline for BCAP deliveries
- September 30: NAP Closing Date for Alfalfa (Seed) and All Forage Crops
- September 30: Deadline for MPP Elections for 2017. Enrollment period runs July 1-September 30, 2016.
- October 31: NAP Closing Date for Cantaloupe, Honeydews, Lettuce, and Small Grains
- November 15: Acreage Reporting Deadline for Alfalfa (Grazing) and non-Alfalfa Forage Crops
- November 21: NAP Closing Date for: Apples, Apricots, Cherries, Citrus, Greens, Honey, Peaches, Pears, Peas, Plums, and Watermelon
- November 21: First Signup Deadline for Conservation Reserve Program-Grasslands (CRP)
- November 30: NAP Closing Date for Potatoes
- January 2, 2017: NAP Closing date for Dates and Pistachios
GovDelivery is a free email service that enables FSA County Offices to send you bulletins, deadline reminders and newsletters instantly. Sign up now to receive information faster and reduce printing and mailing costs. Sign up HERE
or use the email box “Sign up for updates: “on the right column of this page.