- Nov. 1: 2014 ELAP Notice of Loss and Application for Payment Deadline
- Nov. 3: FSA County Committee Election ballots mailed to eligible voters
- Nov. 17: 2015 Crop Year FSA Acreage Reporting Deadline for Fall Seeded: Grass, Mixed Forage, Alfalfa, Clover, the year of seeding (annual and perennial types), Established Grass, Mixed Forage, Alfalfa, Clover in years subsequent to the year of seeding (perennial types), Apiculture, Fall Wheat, and all other Fall-Seeded Small Grains crops with sales closing date of Sept. 1.
- Nov 20: 2015 Crop Year NAP Sales closing for Apples, Apricots, Cherries, Grapes, Hops, Nectarines, Peaches, Pears, Plums and Prunes
- Dec. 1: Last day to return voted ballots to the local FSA County Office
- Dec. 1: 2015 Non-insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) Sales Closing Date for 2015 Honey, Alfalfa, Grass, Mixed Forages, Clover, Mustard and Vetch
- Jan. 1: Newly elected County Committee Members take office
- Jan 15: Acreage report Date for Crops with Sales Closing date of November 20.
- Jan. 30: 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 LFP, LIP Notice of Loss and Application for Payment Deadline
- Jan 30: Deadline to submit Tree Assistance Program (TAP) Application for Payment and Supporting Documentation for Loss for 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 (or 90 days after disaster event or loss was apparent)
The Colorado Farm Service Agency has notified County Offices that the Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) Validation has been disabled for disaster programs payments including, Livestock Forage Program (LFP), Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP), Non-insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP), Non-insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program Frost/Freeze (NAPFF), and Tree Assistance Program (TAP) Payment Processing.
State Executive Director Leland Swenson states this action will enable County FSA Offices to expedite payment processing. The AGI validation has been disabled temporarily for the following years and program payments:
- 2011 (last 3 months of 2011)through 2014 LFP
- 2011(last 3 months of 2011) through 2014 LIP
- 2011(last 3 months of 2011) through 2014 TAP
Producers are required to provide their County FSA Offices signed AGI form CCC-941 certifying they are compliant in meeting the $900 K AGI provision. County offices will not certify or sign payments if the producer has certified to not meeting the $900K AGI provision. Those payments should be set to “Hold for Program Cancel” and will be reprocessed once the AGI validation software is enabled.
If you have not yet filed your disaster claim for these programs please contact your county FSA
office no later than, September 30, 2014.
FSA has a national website for producers to list information concerning the need for or the ability of hay.
- The USDA Farm Service Agency delivered nearly $429.2 million in federal program payments and loans to Colorado farmers and ranchers during fiscal year 2013. View fact sheet providing information.
I am honored to serve as the State Executive Director for USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) in Colorado. Our primary mission is to assist Colorado farmers and ranchers secure the greatest possible benefit from programs administered by FSA such as farm loans, commodity programs, disaster relief, conservations and other available resources.
The hard working women and men of our FSA county and multi-county offices and service centers are at the forefront of our efforts. They are the primary contact for all program participation and other related questions.
Colorado's diverse agriculture is the back bone of the rural economy and an important part of the economic recovery in our great state. I look forward to working, in cooperation with all the employees within FSA and the state committee, with all farmers and ranchers throughout Colorado. I invite you to contact me at FSA's Colorado State Office with any questions you may have about our programs or operations. Our website can also help you learn more about FSA programs and services.
State Executive Director
USDA Colorado Farm Service Agency (FSA)
Denver Federal Center
Building 56, Room 2760
P O Box 25426
Denver CO 80225-0426
Armando Valdez (Chairperson)
Marsha R. Daughenbaugh
Anita J. Nein
William "Bill" Warren