WELCOME TO GEORGIA
- Nov. 4, 2013 – Ballots mailed to eligible voters.
- Dec. 2, 2013 – Last day to return completed ballots to the USDA Service Center
- Jan. 1, 2014 – Newly elected county committee members take office.
- January 31, 2014 Final date to request 2013 Crop Year Peanut and Wool Marketing Assistance Loans.
- March 31, 2014 Final date to request 2013 Crop Year Barley, Canola, Honey, Oats and Wheat Marketing Assistance Loans.
- May 31, 2014 Final date to request 2013 Crop Year Corn, Grain Sorghum, Soybean, and Cotton Marketing Assistance Loans.
- Sept. 16, 2013 Final date to enroll in 2013 Direct and Counter-Cyclical Program (DCP)
- Sept. 30, 2013 Continuous Conservation Reserve Sign up 44 ends.
- Now Emergency Conservation Approved Applicants -- report completed practices to FSA
- Now Emergency Forest Restoration Program Applicants -- report completed practices to FSA
- Now For 2013, complete form CCC-933, Average Adjusted Income Certification and Consent to Disclosure of Tax Information
- September 15 2013 Sweet Corn (planted AFTER July 15)
- October 15 2013 Cabbage and Fresh-market Tomatoes (planted AFTER July 1)
- November 15 2014 Apiculture, PRF (Pasture Rangeland and Forage – RMA Program) and ALL Perennial Forage/Grass Crops with Intended Use of Grazing or Hay
Note: Crops with NAP Coverage:
If the crop being reported has NAP coverage, the final date to timely report the acreage is the EARLIER of---
(a) 15 days PRIOR to the onset of harvest or grazing OR (b) the regularly established Final Reporting Date as shown in the monthly newsletter.
It is important for producers to remember that crops with NAP coverage sometimes have a NAP crop reporting date EARLIER than the regularly established reporting dates for crops without NAP coverage; please check with your local FSA for the applicable reporting date for the specific crop reporting date if the crop is covered by NAP.
- Sept. 9, 2013 Designation S3453 in 11 counties due to drought
- Sept. 9, 2013 Designation S3457 in 116 counties due to drought
- Sept. 9, 2013 Designation S3464 in 8 counties due to drought
- Sept. 16, 2013 Designation S3469 in 5 counties due to drought
- Sept. 23, 2013 Designation S3475 in one county due to drought
- Sept. 30, 2013 Designation S3477 in one county due to drought
- Sept. 30, 2013 Designation S3479 in one county due to drought
- Oct. 7, 2013 Designation S3482 in 23 counties due to drought
- Oct. 15, 2013 Designation S3486 in 51 counties due to drought
- Oct. 22, 2013 Designation N1124 in 12 counties due to tornados and high winds
- Oct. 28, 2013 Designation S3492 in 11 counties due to drought
- Oct. 28, 2013 Designation S3493 in 13 counties due to drought
- Jan. 8, 2014 Designation S3523 in 2 Georgia Counties due to frost and freezing temperatures
- Jan. 29, 2014 Designation N1129 in 27 Georgia Counties due to tornados and high Winds
- Feb. 19, 2014 Designation S3543 in 17 Georgia Counties due to excessive rain, high winds and hail
- Apr. 21, 2014 Designation S3571 in 7 Georgia Counties due to excessive rain and flooding
NOTE: All producers are encouraged to contact their local FSA office for information specific to the Emergency Loan Program and to determine whether their counties are declared under a certain designation.
Georgia State FSA Office
355 East Hancock Avenue, STOP 100
Athens, Georgia 30601-2775
Acting State Executive Director
Georgia State Committee
Ronald C. Lee
, Chairperson, 229-995-2616
Jaclyn D. Ford
, Member, 229-686-0965
Dr. Fred Harrison
, Member, 706-255-4176
, Member, 229-506-0714
, Member, 912-245-1788
The Farm Service Agency
is a federal agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture
. Located in all 50 states, our mission is to help American farmers provide reasonably priced food and fiber to the nation and the world.
The Georgia Farm Service Agency State Committee oversees the farm program activities of the agency. The members are appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture. They hear appeals from local farmers and guide the direction of farm program related agency policy.