WELCOME TO GEORGIA
"In order to comply with FSA program eligibility requirements, all producers are encouraged to visit their local FSA office to file an accurate crop certification report by the applicable deadline," said Laster.
The following 2014 acreage reporting dates are applicable for the entire state of Georgia:
- November 15, 2013: PRF, perennial forage, and apiculture
- January 15, 2014: Apples, ALL fall-seeded small grains, Blueberries, Canola, and Peaches
- March 15, 2014: Cabbage (planted 10/1 - 2/20), Onions, (planted 10/21 - 2/1), and Pecans
- May 15, 2014: Flue-cured tobacco, Fresh market sweet corn (planted 8/26 - 5/15), Fresh market Tomatoes (planted 8/16 - 4/5)
- July 15, 2014: Corn, Cotton, Grain Sorghum, Peanuts, Soybeans, and all others crops not shown with a specific reporting date
- August 15, 2014:Fresh market tomatoes (planted 7/1 - 8/15) September 15, 2014: Fresh market Sweet Corn (planted 7/15 - 8/25)
- October 15, 2014: Cabbage (planted 7/16 - 9/30)
The following exceptions apply to the above acreage reporting dates:
- If the crop has not been planted by the above acreage reporting date, then the acreage must be reported no later than 15 calendar days after planting is completed.
- If a producer acquires additional acreage after the above acreage reporting date, then the acreage must be reported no later than 30 calendars days after purchase or acquiring the lease. Appropriate documentation must be provided to the county office.
Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) policy holders should note that the acreage reporting date for NAP covered crops is the earlier of the dates listed above or 15 calendar days before grazing or harvesting of the NAP-covered crop begins.
For questions regarding crop certification and crop loss reports, please contact your local FSA office.
Georgia State FSA Office
355 East Hancock Avenue, STOP 100
Athens, Georgia 30601-2775
Acting State Executive Director
Georgia State Committee
, Chairperson, 229-506-0714
Jaclyn D. Ford
, Member, 229-686-0965
Dr. Fred Harrison
, Member, 706-255-4176
, Member, 912-245-1788
The Farm Service Agency
is a federal agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture
. Located in all 50 states, our mission is to help American farmers provide reasonably priced food and fiber to the nation and the world.
The Georgia Farm Service Agency State Committee oversees the farm program activities of the agency. The members are appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture. They hear appeals from local farmers and guide the direction of farm program related agency policy.