WELCOME TO GEORGIA
- June 17, 2013 – The nomination period begins.
- Aug. 1, 2013 – This is the last day to file nomination forms (FSA-669A) at the local USDA Service Center.
- Nov. 4, 2013 – Ballots mailed to eligible voters.
- Dec. 2, 2013 – Last day to return completed ballots to the USDA Service Center
- Jan. 1, 2014 – Newly elected county committee members take office.
- May 20 - June 14, 2013 General Conservation Reserve Program Sign-up 45
- June 7, 2013 Final date to enroll in SURE for 2011 crop losses that occurred through September 30, 2011
- Aug. 2, 2013 Final date to enroll in 2013 Direct and Counter-Cyclical Program (DCP)
- Now Emergency Conservation Approved Applicants -- report completed practices to FSA
- Now Emergency Forest Restoration Program Applicants -- report completed practices to FSA
- Now For 2013, complete form CCC-933, Average Adjusted Income Certification and Consent to Disclosure of Tax Information
Acreage Reporting Deadlines: NEW REPORTING DATES ARE IN EFFECT
- May 15 Flue-cured Tobacco, Fresh Market Sweet Corn (planted by May 15) and Fresh Market Tomatoes (planted by May 15)
- May 31, 2013 - Final date to request MAL on CY 2012 Corn, Grain Sorghum, Cotton and Soybeans
NOTE: If the crop being reported has NAP coverage, the final date to timely report the acreage is 15 days PRIOR to the onset of harvest or grazing. It is important for producers to remember that crops with NAP coverage will usually have a NAP crop reporting date EARLIER than the regularly established reporting dates for crops without NAP coverage.
- 20 May-13 DesignationS3397 in 6 counties due to drought
- 27 May-13 DesignationS3407 in 17 counties due to excessive rain
- 9 Sept-, 13 - Designation S3453 in 11 counties due to drought
- 9 Sept-, 2013 - Designation S3457 in 116 counties due to drought
- 9 Sept-, 2013 - Designation S3464 in 8 counties due to drought
- 16 Sept-, 2013 - Designation S3469 in 5 counties due to drought
- 23 Sept-, 2013 - Designation S3475 in one county due to drought
- 30 Sept-, 2013 - Designation S3477 in one county due to drought
- 30 Sept-, 2013 - Designation S3479 in one county due to drought
- 7 Oct-, 2013 - Designation S3482 in 23 counties due to drought
- 15 Oct-, 2013 - Designation S3486 in 51 counties due to drought
- Oct. 22, 2013 Designation N1124 in 12 counties due to tornados and high winds
- Oct. 28, 2013 Designation S3492 in 11 counties due to drought
- Oct. 28, 2013 Designation S3493 in 13 counties due to drought
NOTE: All producers are encouraged to contact their local FSA office for information specific to the Emergency Loan Program and to determine whether their counties are declared under a certain designation.
Georgia State FSA Office
355 East Hancock Avenue, STOP 100
Athens, Georgia 30601-2775
Acting State Executive Director
Georgia State Committee
Ronald C. Lee
, Chairperson, 229-995-2616
Jaclyn D. Ford
, Member, 229-686-0965
Dr. Fred Harrison
, Member, 706-255-4176
, Member, 229-506-0714
, Member, 912-245-1788
The Farm Service Agency
is a federal agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture
. Located in all 50 states, our mission is to help American farmers provide reasonably priced food and fiber to the nation and the world.
The Georgia Farm Service Agency State Committee oversees the farm program activities of the agency. The members are appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture. They hear appeals from local farmers and guide the direction of farm program related agency policy.