In the Spotlight
2014 Farm Bill News
Welcome to Indiana
Indiana FSA strives to provide quality services to all Indiana farmers through various commodity, conservation, credit and disaster programs. These programs not only provide a safety net to agriculture producers, but also provide stability to rural communities and the Hoosier economy as a whole.
Indiana FSA has a strong tradition of providing customer-based service to Indiana producers through its professional and dedicated staff. The state office is located on the northwest side of Indianapolis, while our 75 County Offices are positioned throughout the state to serve the needs of local farmers.
Indiana's diverse agricultural bounty feeds the entire world and I appreciate the work Indiana and American farmers do to feed a hungry nation and world. I encourage you to contact me at FSA's Indiana State Office with any questions you may have about our programs or operations.
Proudly Serving You and Indiana Agriculture,
Julia A. Wickard
State Executive Director
Travis Nolcox, Chairperson
Harry Pearson, Member
Wayne Vance, Member
Kristin Whittington, Member
2013 and 2014 Application Deadlines for Coverage for NAP Final Dates
- November 20---Perennial crops (non-forage) for the following year's crop (apples, maple sap, peaches, etc.)
- December 1---Honey for the following year
- March 15---All yield based, spring planted crops (melons, tomatoes, peppers, etc.)
- May 1---Nursery crops for the following year's crop
- September 1---Value Loss Crops for the following year (onion sets, Christmas trees, aquaculture, etc.)
- September 30---Grazing/forage crops, fall-seeded annuals crops, and mint crops for the following year's crop.
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm Service Agency
5981 Lakeside Boulevard
Indianapolis, IN 46278