for FSA Annual Policy Reminders
for January Electronic Edition
USDA Invests in Nebraska
Over the past six years, USDA has made historic investments in Nebraska to support the farmers, ranchers and growers who are driving the rural economy forward, carry out record conservation efforts, facilitate groundbreaking research, promote new markets for rural products and provide a safe, affordable and nutritious food supply for American families.
for USDA Invests in Nebraska Fact Sheet
Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) 49th General Signup Underway
for Nebraska CRP Producer Newsletter
for Nebraska News Release
2014 ARC-County Payments Issued
FSA is currently issuing 2014 ARC-County payments. Click here
for news release. Additional information may be found at the following links:
IMPORTANT: Producers are reminded to certify 2016 perennial forage and/or fall-seeded crops by November 16, 2015. Additionally, crops prevented from being planted must be reported to FSA within 15 days of the final plant date for the crop. Failed crops must be reported to FSA prior to disposition of the crop.
2015 marks the 30th Anniversary of the Conservation Reserve program (CRP) and in recognition of this milestone; FSA has launched a commemorative website. The web address is www.fsa.usda.gov/CRPis30. We hope you’ll visit the site often to take an interactive, cross-country tour and see the nationwide impact of the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) unfold virtually over the next several months.
What’s in the 2014 Farm Bill for FSA Customers? – Click here
for more information
for all Nebraska News Release
New Programs, Agricultural Risk Coverage (ARC) and Price Loss Coverage (PLC) offer producers protection from substantial drops in crop prices and/or revenues.
USDA Implements 2014 Farm Bill Provision to Limit Payments to Non-Farmers – News Release
Implementation of the disaster programs, authorized in the 2014 Farm Bill, is the top priority for USDA.
for more information on USDA’s Disaster Assistance.
- February 1, 2016 – Deadline to submit 2015 Livestock Incentive Program (LIP) application for payment and supporting documentation
- February 1, 2016 – Deadline to request 2015 Marketing Assistance Loans (MAL) or Loan Deficiency Payments (LDP) for mohair, unshorn pelts (LDP Only), and wool
- February 26, 2016 – Deadline for CRP General Signup
- March 15, 2016 – 2016 NAP sales closing date for alfalfa, mixed forage, spring-seeded annual crops, grass and sorghum forage
- March 31, 2016 – Deadline to request 2015 MAL’s or LDP’s for barley, canola, crambe, flaxseed, honey, oats rapeseed, wheat, and sesame seed
- May 31, 2016 – Deadline to request 2015 MAL’s or LDP’s for corn, dry peas, grain sorghum, lentils, mustard seed, safflower seed, chickpeas, soybeans and sunflower seed
GovDelivery, FSA’s online news service, will be used to distribute timely information on new Farm Bill programs.
for more information.
Farm Service Agency offers Microloans of up to $50,000
100 Beef Cow/100 Acre Ownership Advantage Program – Brochure
For more information visit www.cfra.org/veteran_farmers_project
or call 402-617-7946.
Our primary mission is to help Nebraska farmers and ranchers secure the highest possible financial assistance from USDA programs through accurate, timely and efficient program delivery.
Nebraska FSA is proud to continue its strong tradition of providing customer-based service to Nebraska producers. The hard working men and women of our FSA county offices are at the forefront of our efforts and remain the primary contact for program participation. We encourage you to speak with the staff at your local office on how we can be of service. Our web site can help you learn more about FSA programs and services and help you locate your local FSA Service Center.
State Executive Director
Nebraska State Farm Service Agency
7131 A Street
Lincoln, NE 68510