New Jersey, known as the Garden State, has a vast diversity of landscapes and is a unique combination of densely populated urban centers and open agricultural areas. For a small state, agriculture in New Jersey is quite significant with more than 100 crops being produced. Despite legislative and public pressures, high input costs, and the second highest per-acre market value of farmland in the nation, 16% of New Jersey land is dedicated to agriculture production and the ag industry contributes $987 million to the state’s economy.
The Garden State is 3rd in the nation for producing Cranberries, Peaches and Spinach; 4th in Bell Pepper production; 6th in Blueberries, Cucumbers, and Squash; and 7th in Tomatoes. Other major commodities are nursery, berries, equine and aquaculture.
The Farm Service Agency
is a safety outlet for producers. It helps ensure:
- The well-being of American Agriculture, the environment, and the American People though efficient and equitable administration of farm commodity programs;
- Farm ownership, operating, and emergency loans;
- Conservation and environmental programs;
- Emergency and disaster assistance;
- Domestic and international food assistance and international export credit programs.
Our Goals are to:
- Help Farmers Conserve Land and Water Resources
- Provide Credit to New or Disadvantaged Farmers
- Help Farm Operations Recover From the Effects of Disaster
The following Local Administrative Areas (LAA) in each of the County Offices are up for election this year. Please consider running for Committee if your area is listed! (Click on the LAA for a map view of the areas.)
Burlington/Camden/Ocean Counties: (Coming Soon)
Cumberland/Atlantic/Cape May Counties: (Coming Soon)
Hunterdon/Somerset/Union Counties: LAA 5
Monmouth/Middlesex/Mercer Counties: LAA 2
Salem/Gloucester Counties: (Coming Soon)
Warren/Morris/Sussex Counties: (Coming Soon)
See how the Farm Service Agency benefitted New Jersey Agriculture last year!
Farm Bill News
Stay up to date with News Releases, Program Fact Sheets and the Federal Register.
See what Conservation can do for NJ
Farm Service Agency NJ State Office
300 Clocktower Drive, Suite 202
Hamilton Square, NJ 08690
Phone: (609) 587-0104
Fax: Administrative: (609) 587-0904
Programs: (609) 587-0906
- Russell J. Marino (Chairperson)