New Jersey Farm Service Agency has posted the following farm loan positions on USAJOBS.
Please note that all position announcements expire on March 31, 2015
. You can access the postings by clicking on the links below or searching at www.usajobs.gov
- 2 Loan Specialists, (FLOT - Trainee) positions are available to the general public at our Vineland and Hackettstown Service Centers each at two grade levels, GS-5/7 or GS-9.
- 1 Loan Specialist, (FLO - Fully Functioning) position is available to current Farm Service Agency employees at our Columbus Service Center at a grade GS-11.
- 1 Loan Specialist, (FLOT - Trainee) positions is available to current New Jersey Farm Service Agency employees at our Columbus Service Center at two grade levels, GS-5/7 or GS-9.
Please be sure to carefully read the job announcements and qualifications.
Questions should be directed to:
Phone: 816 823-1955
TDD: (800) 735-2966
Farm Service Agency
9240 Troost Avenue, Beacon Facility, Mail Stop 8398
Kansas City, MO, 64131
Due to extensive water damage, the Woodstown Service Center will be closed until April 13, 2015. Salem and Gloucester County producers are encouraged to contact the Vineland Office for their FSA business needs during this time.
Service Center employees have been relocated to the Vineland Service Center
1318 S MAIN RD BLDG 5A
VINELAND, NJ 08360-6511
PHONE: (856) 205-1225
New Jersey, known as the Garden State, has a vast diversity of landscapes and is a unique combination of densely populated urban centers and open agricultural areas. For a small state, agriculture in New Jersey is quite significant with more than 100 crops being produced. Despite legislative and public pressures, high input costs, and the second highest per-acre market value of farmland in the nation, 16% of New Jersey land is dedicated to agriculture production and the ag industry contributes $987 million to the state’s economy.
The Garden State is 3rd in the nation for producing Cranberries, Peaches and Spinach; 4th in Bell Pepper production; 6th in Blueberries, Cucumbers, and Squash; and 7th in Tomatoes. Other major commodities are nursery, berries, equine and aquaculture.
The Farm Service Agency
is a safety outlet for producers. It helps ensure:
- The well-being of American Agriculture, the environment, and the American People though efficient and equitable administration of farm commodity programs;
- Farm ownership, operating, and emergency loans;
- Conservation and environmental programs;
- Emergency and disaster assistance;
- Domestic and international food assistance and international export credit programs.
Our Goals are to:
- Help Farmers Conserve Land and Water Resources
- Provide Credit to New or Disadvantaged Farmers
- Help Farm Operations Recover From the Effects of Disaster
The NJ USDA Farm Service Agency is seeking to hire and train crop Loss Adjusters to work part time with the agency’s Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program or NAP. The NAP program provides financial assistance to producers of noninsurable crops when low yields, loss of inventory, or prevented planting occurs as the result of natural disasters. Loss Adjusters are hired on a contractual basis to assess crop losses resulting from natural disasters. If you enjoy working outdoors and prefer flexible work hours and/or have an agricultural background, this may be the job for you.
Statewide Loss Adjuster Training is expected to take place sometime during April of this year. Prior to certification, Loss Adjusters earn $10/hour plus travel expenses. Once certification is complete, the hourly rate jumps to $18/hour with less than one year of service, and then to $20/hour with one year or more of service. If you are interested, please contact:
Coleen McGarrity609-587-0104 ext email@example.com
See how the Farm Service Agency has benefitted New Jersey Agriculture!
See what Conservation can do for NJ
Farm Service Agency NJ State Office
300 Clocktower Drive, Suite 202
Hamilton Square, NJ 08690
Phone: (609) 587-0104
Fax: Administrative: (855) 305-6635
Programs: (855) 305-6513
- Russell J. Marino (Chairperson)