Producers have Until Sept. 30 to Sign Up for ARC/PLC.
2015 marks the 30th Anniversary of the Conservation Reserve program (CRP) and in recognition of this milestone; FSA has launched a commemorative website. The web address is www.fsa.usda.gov/CRPis30
. We hope you’ll visit the site often to take an interactive, cross-country tour and see the nationwide impact of the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) unfold virtually over the next several months.
In Ohio, agriculture is a huge industry. One in seven Ohioans are employed in the food and agriculture industry which contributes over $98 billion to the state's economic growth.
Ohio's top commodities include: soybeans, corn, wheat, tomatoes, cucumbers, grapes, Swiss cheese and egg production.
The Farm Service Agency (FSA) provides federal program benefits to Ohio's farmers and producers' in terms of loans for operating and land purchase, commodity price supports, disaster relief, emergency assistance, conservation and other needed agriculture support efforts.
Through these activities, FSA supports the USDA mission and helps ensure a healthful, stable, accessible and affordable food supply. Through these programs, FSA also fosters good land stewardship, which will help preserve our agricultural land for generations to come.
Steve D. Maurer
State Executive Director, Ohio
if eGov and Online Business interest you. Contact your local FSA office if you have questions about eGov and Online Business.
Ohio FSA State Committee Members:
- Sept. 30 --- ARC/PLC Enrollment Period Ends.
- Oct. 1 ------ Deadline to obtain 2016 NAP coverage for Winter Wheat, Rye, Barley and Speltz.
- Oct. 12 ---- Columbus Day Holiday. FSA Offices Closed.
- Nov. 9 ---- County committee ballots mailed to voters.
- Nov. 11 --- Veterans Day Holiday. FSA Offices Closed.
- Nov. 20 ---Last day for dairy producers to make elections for Milk Price Protection Program.
- Nov. 20 --- Last day to apply for coverage for asparagus, blueberries, caneberries, cherries, chestnuts, forage for hay and pasture, grapes, nectarines, peaches, pears, plums, strawberries, honey, hops and maple syrup.
- Nov. 26 --- Thanksgiving Day Holiday. FSA Offices Closed.
- Dec. 7 ----- Last day to return voted Ballots in county committee election.
- Continues -- Farm Storage Facility Loan Program.
United States Department of Agriculture
Ohio Farm Service Agency
200 North High St. Room 540
Columbus, OH 43215
Office Hours are 8:00-4:30pm EST.