In Ohio, agriculture is a huge industry. One in seven Ohioans are employed in the food and agriculture industry which contributes over $98 billion to the state's economic growth.
Ohio's top commodities include: soybeans, corn, wheat, tomatoes, cucumbers, grapes, Swiss cheese and egg production.
The Farm Service Agency (FSA) provides federal program benefits to Ohio's farmers and producers' in terms of loans for operating and land purchase, commodity price supports, disaster relief, emergency assistance, conservation and other needed agriculture support efforts.
Through these activities, FSA supports the USDA mission and helps ensure a healthful, stable, accessible and affordable food supply. Through these programs, FSA also fosters good land stewardship, which will help preserve our agricultural land for generations to come.
Steve D. Maurer
State Executive Director, Ohio
if eGov and Online Business interest you. Contact your local FSA office if you have questions about eGov and Online Business.
Ohio FSA State Committee Members:
- May 27 --- Memorial Day Holiday. FSA Offices Closed.
- May 31 --- Deadline to apply for 2012 commodity loans and LDP's on feed grains, soybeans, pulse crops.
- June 3 ---- Deadline to sign-up for 2013 ACRE program.
- June 7 ---- Deadline to sign-up for the 2011 SURE program.
- June 15 --- County Committee Nomination period begins.
- July 4 ----- Independence Day Holiday. FSA Offices Closed.
- July 15 --- Final certification date to report burley tobacco; cabbage planted through May 31; corn, grain sorghum, hybrid corn seed, spring oats, potatoes, popcorn, sugar beets, tomatoes and other crops.
- Aug. 1 ---- Final date to request a farm reconstitution for the current fiscal year.
- Aug. 3 ---- Last day to file County Committee Nomination forms.
- Continues -- Farm Storage Facility Loan Program.
United States Department of Agriculture
Ohio Farm Service Agency
200 North High St. Room 540
Columbus, OH 43215
Office Hours are 8:00-4:30pm EST.