FSA and OSU Extension Service Host County Farm Bill Meetings throughout Ohio.
Here’s a link
that shows where the county FSA Farm Bill meetings will be held. The state events webpage will be revised as additional meetings are scheduled.
Farmers can Update Yield History and/or Reallocate Base Acres through Feb. 27, 2015;
Producers Select the Safety Net Program Best for Their Operation Beginning Nov. 17, 2014 through March 31, 2015
In Ohio, agriculture is a huge industry. One in seven Ohioans are employed in the food and agriculture industry which contributes over $98 billion to the state's economic growth.
Ohio's top commodities include: soybeans, corn, wheat, tomatoes, cucumbers, grapes, Swiss cheese and egg production.
The Farm Service Agency (FSA) provides federal program benefits to Ohio's farmers and producers' in terms of loans for operating and land purchase, commodity price supports, disaster relief, emergency assistance, conservation and other needed agriculture support efforts.
Through these activities, FSA supports the USDA mission and helps ensure a healthful, stable, accessible and affordable food supply. Through these programs, FSA also fosters good land stewardship, which will help preserve our agricultural land for generations to come.
Steve D. Maurer
State Executive Director, Ohio
if eGov and Online Business interest you. Contact your local FSA office if you have questions about eGov and Online Business.
Ohio FSA State Committee Members:
- Dec. 19 --- 2014 and 2015 Margin Protection Program (MPP) Dairy enrollment deadline.
- Dec. 25 and Dec. 26 ---- Christmas Day Holiday. FSA Offices Closed.
- Jan. 1 ------ New Year's Day Holiday. FSA Offices Closed.
- Jan. 2 ------ Elected Committee Members and alternates take office.
- Jan. 19 ---- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Holiday. FSA Offices Closed.
- Feb. 2 ----- Deadline on 2014 LDPs for wool and unshorn lamb pelts.
- Feb. 16 ---- President's Day Holiday. FSA Offices Closed.
- Continues -- Farm Storage Facility Loan Program.
United States Department of Agriculture
Ohio Farm Service Agency
200 North High St. Room 540
Columbus, OH 43215
Office Hours are 8:00-4:30pm EST.