The Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 authorized the Reimbursement Transportation Cost Payment Program for Geographically Disadvantaged Farmers and Ranchers (RTCP) to provide assistance to geographically disadvantaged farmers and ranchers. The program reimburses producers for a portion of the transportation cost for transporting their agricultural commodity, or inputs used to produce an agricultural commodity.
RTCP is subject to appropriated funding. The 2010 Agriculture Appropriations Bill authorized $2.6 million for fiscal year 2010. The Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act of 2011 authorized $1.996 million for fiscal year 2011. The Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act of 2012 authorized $1.996 million for fiscal year 2012.
Producers eligible for RTCP include geographically disadvantaged farmers and ranchers in Hawaii and Alaska or an insular area. This includes farmers and ranchers from the following areas:
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Republic of the Marshall Islands
- Virgin Island of the United States.
for information on:
- Where to File the Application
- Notice SP-67 Announcing Signup for FY 2012 Reimbursement Transportation Cost Payment (RTCP-III) Program for Geographically Disadvantaged Farmers and Ranchers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Insular Areas