The Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 authorized the Reimbursement Transportation Cost Payment Program for Geographically Disadvantaged Farmers and Ranchers (RTCP) to provide assistance to geographically disadvantaged farmers and ranchers. The program reimburses producers for a portion of the transportation cost for transporting their agricultural commodity, or inputs used to produce an agricultural commodity.
RTCP is subject to appropriated funding and rescissions may apply. The Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act of 2013 authorized $1.996 million for fiscal year 2013.
Producers eligible for RTCP include geographically disadvantaged farmers and ranchers in Hawaii and Alaska or an insular area. This includes farmers and ranchers from the following areas:
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Republic of the Marshall Islands
- Virgin Island of the United States.
for information on:
- Where to File the Application