FSA's search engine quickly and easily puts information at your fingertips. The engine allows you to choose just how broad, or narrow, you would like your search to be. The search feature allows users to search within FSA or all of USDA.
Enter your keywords and phrases in the Search text box. Press the "Go" button to process.
- Include Query Term - Place a "+" sign before an essential word to include it within all search results (eg: crp + conservation).
- Exclude Query Term - Place a "-" sign before a term that you want to exclude from the search results (eg: international programs - outreach).
- Phrase Search - Search for complete phrases by enclosing them in quotation marks or connecting them with hyphens (eg: "news releases").
- Boolean OR Search - Use an uppercase OR between terms to retrieve information that contains either word A or word B (eg: conservation OR environment).
- Title Search - Place "intitle:" in front of a query term to restrict results to documents containing that word in the title (eg: intitle:FSA).
- Title Search (all) - Initiate search terms by "allintitle:" to restrict results to those with all of the query words in the title (eg: allintitle: grain, rice, & pulses).
- URL Search (term) - Place "inurl:" before a query term to restrict the results to documents containing that word in the result URL (eg: inurl:FSA).
- URL Search (all) - Initiate search terms by "allinurl:" to restrict the results to those with all of the query words in the result URL (eg: allinurl: USDA gov).
The Advanced Search offers the same functionality as the Basic Search, but it also provides additional options for reducing the total number of search results.
Limit your results with extra search options:
- Return pages written in any language, English, or Spanish.
- Return results where specified keywords and phrases occur anywhere in the page, in the title of the page, or in the URL of the page.
Choose how your search results display:
- Choose the number of results you would like per page.
- Sort the results by relevance or by date.
The Fact Sheets Key Word Search allows you to search specifically for fact sheets that match your search criteria. There are three options for searching:
- Return results that contain 'any' of the words that are entered in the search field. This search brings back the most search results. For example, a search for 'CRP and 2007' will return all fact sheets that contain either 'CRP' or '2007'.
- Return results that contain 'all' of the words that are entered in the Search field. This helps narrow down the search result to provide the most relevant options. For example, a search for 'CRP and Wildlife' will bring back results that contain both 'CRP' and 'Wildlife' in the same document.
- Return results that contain 'exactly' all of the words that are entered in the search field. This helps narrow down the search result to provide the most relevant options.