U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

CREP for Producers


Does My State Have an Active CREP Agreement in Place?

How Do I Enroll in CREP?

Producers interested in enrolling in an active CREP should contact their local USDA Service Center. Offers are accepted on a continuous basis.

Your local FSA office will determine if basic land and producer eligibility requirements for CRP, plus the additional requirements specified in the CREP agreement, are met.

Why Should I Enroll in CREP?

By enrolling in CREP, farmers and ranchers are re-establishing valuable land cover to help improve water quality, prevent soil erosion, reduce loss of wildlife habitat, and address other objectives identified in the CREP agreement.

While enrolled in CREP, farmers and ranchers receive an annual rental payment for the contract period and may be eligible for additional incentives. FSA also provides cost share assistance to help offset the costs associated with installing the conservation practices.

For additional information about the program, including rental payment information, eligibility and maintenance criteria, and land requirements, contact your local USDA Service Center.

Fact Sheets

CREP Fact Sheet