Welcome to the Iowa Farm Service Agency!
We are here to serve you - our customers - so please use us as a resource and information source!
The dedicated men and women of our agency strive to equitably serve all farmers, ranchers, landowners and agricultural partners through the delivery of effective, efficient agricultural programs, achieving the mission of FSA in our great state. Iowa agriculture is diverse and we at FSA offer you programs and services to meet those diverse needs.
We are proud to foster relationships with our sister agencies and industry partners in supporting and promoting rural communities across Iowa. Whether that comes in the form of land and water conservation efforts, access to credit for beginning farmers, financial assistance in times of natural disaster or a microloan for a new tractor, FSA has a program for that!
Please take a moment to visit the useful topics throughout our website. We are here to serve so please feel free to contact your local county office (USDA service center locater) or our state office in Des Moines.
Amanda De Jong
State Executive Director
Call or write to us at:
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm Service Agency
10500 Buena Vista Court
Des Moines, IA 50322
Iowa Crop Insurance Resources
Information on Palmer Amaranth
Current News Releases
Iowa Drought Information
FSA Hay Net Service
Iowa Hay and Straw
- May 31 - Market Facilitation Program (MFP) Deadline to Certify 2018 Crop Production
- May 31 - Final availability date for 2018 Marketing Assistance Loans
- July 15 – Acreage Reporting Deadline for Spring Seeded Crops
- Did you notify FSA prior to conducting land clearing or drainage projects to ensure compliance?
- Reports of Failed Acreage must be filed with the County Office before disposition of the crop.
- Reports of Prevented Planting Acreage must be filed within the County Office no later than 15 calendar days after the final planting date for that county.
- Report of Notice of Loss for crops covered under the NAP program.
- Notification of Livestock Loss for Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP) – 30 calendar days of when the loss became apparent.
- Notification of Loss for Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm Raised Fish Program (ELAP) – 30 calendar days of when the loss became apparent.
- Notification of Noninsured Crop Disaster Program loss – 15 calendar days of when the loss became apparent (72 hours if the crop is hand harvested).
- Tree Assistance Program application deadline – 90 calendar days after the disaster event of when the loss first became apparent to the producer.