Welcome to the Iowa State Farm Service Agency (FSA) website. Our primary mission is to help Iowa's farmers and ranchers secure the highest possible financial assistance from USDA programs and play a vital role to the economic survival of Iowa's rural communities.
Iowa FSA is proud to continue its strong tradition of providing customer-based service to Iowa's producers.
Call or write to us at:
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm Service Agency
10500 Buena Vista Court
Des Moines, IA 50322
Information on Palmer Amaranth
Current News Releases
Iowa Drought Information
FSA Hay Net Service
Iowa Hay and Straw
- Dec. 15 – Acreage Reporting Deadline for perennial forage, fall seeded small grains
- May 31 – Final availability date for MAL’s
- July 15 – Acreage Reporting Deadline for Spring Seeded Crops
- Aug 1 – 2016 Enrollment Deadline for ARCPLC
- Sept 1 – MPP Premium Fees Due for 2016 Program
- Sept 30 – End of FY for 2016 ELAP Losses
- Did you notify FSA prior to conducting land clearing or drainage projects to ensure compliance?
- Reports of Failed Acreage must be filed with the County Office before disposition of the crop.
- Reports of Prevented Planting Acreage must be filed within the County Office no later than 15 calendar days after the final planting date for that county.
- Report of Notice of Loss for crops covered under the NAP program.
- Notification of Livestock Loss for Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP) – 30 calendar days of when the loss became apparent.
- Notification of Loss for Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm Raised Fish Program (ELAP) – 30 calendar days of when the loss became apparent.
- Notification of Noninsured Crop Disaster Program loss – 15 calendar days of when the loss became apparent (72 hours if the crop is hand harvested).
- Tree Assistance Program application deadline – 90 calendar days after the disaster event of when the loss first became apparent to the producer.