U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

USDA Designates Four New Hampshire Counties as Contiguous Natural Disaster Areas

Primary Disaster Areas Located in Vermont

This Secretarial natural disaster designation allows the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Farm Service Agency (FSA) to extend much-needed emergency credit to producers recovering from natural disasters through emergency loans. Emergency loans can be used to meet various recovery needs including the replacement of essential items such as equipment or livestock, reorganization of a farming operation, or to refinance certain debts. FSA will review the loans based on the extent of losses, security available, and repayment ability.

FSA also offers the Disaster Set-Aside (DSA) program for producers who currently have an FSA direct loan, have been impacted by the eligible natural disaster event and are concerned about making scheduled loan payments. For information on setting aside your next FSA loan payment through the DSA program, contact the Merrimack-Belknap-Hillsborough County USDA Service Center at 603-223-6003 or visit fsa.usda.gov.

Impacted Area: Vermont

Triggering Disaster: Flood

Application Deadline: 05/06/2024

Primary Counties Eligible: Addison, Bennington, Caledonia, Chittenden, Essex, Franklin, Grand Isle, Lamoille, Orange, Orleans, Rutland, Washington, Windham, Windsor

Contiguous Counties Also Eligible:

Massachusetts: Berkshire, Franklin

New Hampshire: Cheshire, Coos, Grafton, Sullivan

New York: Clinton, Essex, Rensselaer, Washington

More Resources

On farmers.gov, the Disaster Assistance Discovery ToolDisaster Assistance-at-a-Glance fact sheet, and Loan Assistance Tool can help you determine program or loan options. To file a Notice of Loss or to ask questions about available programs, contact your local  USDA Service Center.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender.