Welcome to the USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) Montana Website

Our primary mission at the U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency is to assist Montana farmers and ranchers secure the greatest possible benefit from programs administered by FSA such as farm loans, commodity price support, disaster relief, conservation, or other available resources. The hard-working men and women of Montana’s 50 FSA offices are at the forefront of our efforts and remain the primary contact for program participation. We encourage you to speak with the staff at your local FSA office on how we can be of service. Our user friendly web site can help you learn more about FSA programs and services and help you locate your local FSA Service Center.

Best Wishes,
Amy Webbink
Acting State Executive Director

Montana FSA State Office

P.O. Box 670
Bozeman, MT 59771
Phone: (406) 587-6872
Fax: (855) 546-0264

Montana FSA Upcoming Dates/Deadlines:

  • Dec. 14: 2017 Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) Production Reporting Deadline for Perennial Forage
  • Dec. 15: Last day of 2018 MPP-Dairy Signup
  • Dec. 30: 2017 NAP Production Reporting Deadline for Rye, Speltz, Triticale and Wheat (Fall-Seeded)
  • Jan. 1: Newly elected County Committee Members Take Office
  • Jan. 2: 2018 Acreage Reporting Deadline for Honey covered under NAP (or 30 days after placement of colonies.)
  • Jan. 15: 2018 Acreage Reporting Deadline for Established Stand Alfalfa Seed, Fall Alfalfa Seed and Cherries
  • Jan. 30: Deadline for 2017 Livestock Forage Disaster Program (LFP) Application for Payment and Supporting Documentation
  • Jan. 30: Deadline for 2017 Tree Assistance Program (TAP) Application for Payment and Supporting Documentation for Loss of 2017 (or 90 days after disaster event or loss was apparent.)
  • Feb. 1: Final Availability Date for Loans and Loan Deficiency Payments (LDPs) for Mohair, Unshorn Pelts (LDP only) and Wool

Ongoing FSA Notice of Loss Requirements:
  • NAP – Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program: Submit Notice of Loss within 15 calendar days of the earlier of a natural disaster occurrence, the final planting date if planting is prevented by a natural disaster, the date that damage to the crop or loss of production becomes apparent; or the normal harvest date.
  • ELAP – Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Farm-Raised Fish Program: Submit Notice of Loss the earlier of 30 calendar days of when the loss is apparent or Nov. 1st after the end of the program year in which the loss occurred.
  • LIP - Livestock Indemnity Program: Submit Notice of Loss within 30 calendar days of when the loss is apparent. File an Application for payment and supporting documentation no later than 90 days after the calendar year in which the loss occurred.
  • TAP - Tree Assistance Program: Final Date to Submit an Application and Supporting Documentation is the later of 90 calendar days of the disaster event or the date when the loss is apparent.

For more information, call or visit your local FSA office.

Conducting Business with FSA Electronically

With a USDA Customer Level 2 eAuth Account you can have one stop access to your USDA program participation information.

Learn how to create a Level 2 eAuth Account (pdf)

eAuth Guide of Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)

Visit the Online Services page for apps:

Montana Natural Disaster Designations - FSA Emergency Loans

The following map outline the Montana counties with USDA Disaster Designation Declarations. Producers have eight months from the date of the designation to apply for an Emergency Loan with FSA. For questions about eligibility and/or to apply for an Emergency Loan, contact your local FSA office to schedule an appointment with the Farm Loan Program staff serving your area.

2017 FSA Annual Reminders to Montana Producers

2017 Annual FSA Policy Reminders/Notification (pdf)   

Intertribal Agriculture Council Informational Sheet

FSA, the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and the Intertribal Agriculture Council (IAC) have developed an information sheet for Indian operators on Indian Trust Lands.


To submit a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and/or a Privacy Act request regarding Montana FSA records, you may contact the record keeping FSA state or/and county office. For questions on FOIA inquiries with Montana FSA, contact FOIA Officer Jennifer Cole at (406) 654.1333, ext. 117 or


For questions regarding the Montana FSA Website, email the Webmaster at or call (406) 654.1333, ext. 117.