Our primary mission at the U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency is to assist Montana farmers and ranchers secure the greatest possible benefit from programs administered by FSA such as farm loans, commodity price support, disaster relief, conservation, or other available resources. The hard-working men and women of Montana’s 50 FSA offices are at the forefront of our efforts and remain the primary contact for program participation. We encourage you to speak with the staff at your local FSA office on how we can be of service. Our user friendly web site features the monthly newsletter and upcoming program deadlines, can help you learn more about FSA programs and services and help you locate your local FSA Service Center.
Now through June 1, 2018: 2018 Margin Protection Program for Dairy (MPP-Dairy) Signup Period
Now through August 1, 2018: 2018 Agriculture Risk Coverage (ARC) & Price Loss Coverage (PLC) annual signup period
Now through Oct. 1, 2018: 2019 Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program Application Closing Date for Annual Fall-Seeded Crops, Perennial Forage and Grazing, Mixed Forage Crops (including spring seeded annual types of missed forage), Rye, Speltz, Triticale, Wheat and Garlic
- March 16: 2018 CRP Spring Managed Grazing Period Began (with prior County Committee written approval)
- May 14: 2018 CRP Spring Managed Grazing Period Ends (livestock must be removed when the calculated AUMs have been utilized but no later than May 14)
- May 15 to July 15: Montana Primary Nesting Season
- May 31: Final availability date for Loans and LDPs for 2017 Corn, Dry Peas, Grain Sorghum, Lentils, Mustard Seed, Rice, Safflower Seed, Chickpeas, Soybeans and Sunflower Seed
- June 1: Last day of signup for the 2018 Margin Protection Program for Dairy (MPP-Dairy)
- June 15: 2018 FSA County Committee Election Nomination Period Begins
- July 16: 2018 Acreage Reporting Deadline for Spring Seeded Alfalfa Seed, Forage Seeding, Conservation Reserve Program (CRP), Fruit (except cherries), Vegetables, Christmas Trees, all Spring-Seeded Crops and all other crops not required to be reported by previously announced deadlines
- July 16: 2018 CRP Summer/Fall Grazing Period Begins (with prior written approval
- July 16: 2018 CRP Managed Harvesting Period Begins (with prior written approval
- Aug. 1: Deadline for 2018 Agriculture Risk Coverage (ARC) & Price Loss Coverage (PLC) Enrollment
- Aug. 1: 2018 FSA County Committee Election Nomination Period Deadline
- Aug. 1: Last day to request FY 2018 farm reconstitutions on ARC & PLC farms
- Aug. 1: Last day to request farm transfers for FY 2018
For more information, contact your local FSA office and/or visit Montana FSA online at www.fsa.usda.gov/mt.
Ongoing FSA Notice of Loss Requirements:
- NAP – Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program: Submit Notice of Loss within 15 calendar days of the earlier of a natural disaster occurrence, the final planting date if planting is prevented by a natural disaster, the date that damage to the crop or loss of production becomes apparent; or the normal harvest date.
- ELAP – Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Farm-Raised Fish Program: Submit Notice of Loss the earlier of 30 calendar days of when the loss is apparent or Nov. 1st after the end of the program year in which the loss occurred.
- LIP - Livestock Indemnity Program: Submit Notice of Loss within 30 calendar days of when the loss is apparent. File an Application for payment and supporting documentation no later than 90 days after the calendar year in which the loss occurred.
- TAP - Tree Assistance Program: Final Date to Submit an Application and Supporting Documentation is the later of 90 calendar days of the disaster event or the date when the loss is apparent.
For more information, call or visit your local FSA office.
April 2018 Loan and Interest Rates
- Commodity Loans –3.000%
- Operating Loans – 3.500%
- Farm Ownership and Conservation Loans 4.000%
- Farm Ownership-Joint Financing – 2.500%
- Emergency - Amount of Actual Loss - 3.750%
- Farm Ownership-Down Payment Loans – 1.500%
- Farm Storage Facility Loan, 3-Year – 2.375%
- Farm Storage Facility Loan, 5-Year – 2.625%
- Farm Storage Facility Loan, 7-Year – 2.750%
- Farm Storage Facility Loan, 10-Year – 2.875%
- Farm Storage Facility Loan, 12-Year – 2.875%
Are you interested in a Farm Loan through USDA Farm Service Agency?
For more information, visit www.fsa.usda.gov/dafl, https://newfarmers.usda.gov/ or contact your local FSA office at http://offices.usda.gov.
Conducting Business with FSA Electronically
With a USDA Customer Level 2 eAuth Account you can have one stop access to your USDA program participation information.
Visit the Online Services page for apps:
Montana Natural Disaster Designations - FSA Emergency Loans
The following map outline the Montana counties with USDA Disaster Designation Declarations. Producers have eight months from the date of the designation to apply for an Emergency Loan with FSA. For questions about eligibility and/or to apply for an Emergency Loan, contact your local FSA office to schedule an appointment with the Farm Loan Program staff serving your area.
Cumulative Disaster Designation Map
Intertribal Agriculture Council Informational Sheet
FSA, the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and the Intertribal Agriculture Council (IAC) have developed an information sheet for Indian operators on Indian Trust Lands. For more information, visit http://www.indianaglink.com/.
FOIA/PRIVACY ACT REQUESTS
To submit a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and/or a Privacy Act request regarding Montana FSA records, you may contact the record keeping FSA state or/and county office. For questions on FOIA inquiries with Montana FSA, contact FOIA Officer Jennifer Cole at (406) 654.1333, ext. 117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the Montana FSA Website, email the Webmaster at email@example.com or call (406) 654.1333, ext. 117.