Our primary mission at the U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency is to assist Montana farmers and ranchers secure the greatest possible benefit from programs administered by FSA such as farm loans, commodity price support, disaster relief, conservation, or other available resources. The hard-working men and women of Montana’s 50 FSA offices are at the forefront of our efforts and remain the primary contact for program participation. We encourage you to speak with the staff at your local FSA office on how we can be of service. Our user friendly web site features the monthly newsletter and upcoming program deadlines, can help you learn more about FSA programs and services and help you locate your local FSA Service Center.
- Sept 4: First day of Market Facilitation Program Signup for Corn, Cotton, Dairy, Hog, Sorghum, Soybean and Wheat Producers
- Sept. 24: First day of Market Facilitation Program Signup for Shelled Almonds and Fresh Sweet Cherry Producers
- Sept. 30: 2018 Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) Managed Harvesting Period Ends
- Oct. 1: 2019 Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) Application Closing Date for Annual Fall-Seeded Crops, Perennial Forage and Grazing, Mixed Forage Crops (including spring seeded annual types of mixed forage), Rye, Speltz, Triticale, Wheat and Garlic
- Nov. 1: 2018 Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees & Farm-Raised Fish Program (ELAP) Application for Payment Deadline
- Nov. 5: County Committee Election Ballots will be mailed to Eligible Voters
- Nov. 12: All Hay Bales Must be Removed from Managed CRP
- Nov. 15: 2019 Acreage Reporting Deadline for Apiculture, Perennial Forage, Pasture, Rangeland, Forage (PRF) including native grass, fall wheat (Hard Red Winter), and all other fall-seeded small grains. Please note that this is the final date that FSA can accept late-filed 2018 reports for these crops.
- Nov. 16: 2017 Wildfires and Hurricanes Indemnity Program (2017 WHIP) Signup Ends
- Dec. 1: 2019 NAP Application Closing Date for Honey Producers
- Dec. 3: Last Day to Return Voted County Committee Election Ballots to local FSA Offices
For more information, contact your local FSA office and/or visit Montana FSA online at www.fsa.usda.gov/mt.
Ongoing FSA Notice of Loss Requirements:
- NAP – Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program: Submit Notice of Loss within 15 calendar days of the earlier of a natural disaster occurrence, the final planting date if planting is prevented by a natural disaster, the date that damage to the crop or loss of production becomes apparent; or the normal harvest date.
- ELAP – Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Farm-Raised Fish Program: Submit Notice of Loss the earlier of 30 calendar days of when the loss is apparent or Nov. 1st after the end of the program year in which the loss occurred.
- LIP - Livestock Indemnity Program: Submit Notice of Loss within 30 calendar days of when the loss is apparent. File an Application for payment and supporting documentation no later than 90 days after the calendar year in which the loss occurred.
- TAP - Tree Assistance Program: Final Date to Submit an Application and Supporting Documentation is the later of 90 calendar days of the disaster event or the date when the loss is apparent.
For more information, call or visit your local FSA office.
Are you interested in a Farm Loan through USDA Farm Service Agency?
For more information, visit www.fsa.usda.gov/dafl, https://newfarmers.usda.gov/ or contact your local FSA office at http://offices.usda.gov.
Conducting Business with FSA Electronically
With a USDA Customer Level 2 eAuth Account you can have one stop access to your USDA program participation information.
Visit the Online Services page for apps:
Montana Natural Disaster Designations - FSA Emergency Loans
The following map outline the Montana counties with USDA Disaster Designation Declarations. Producers have eight months from the date of the designation to apply for an Emergency Loan with FSA. For questions about eligibility and/or to apply for an Emergency Loan, contact your local FSA office to schedule an appointment with the Farm Loan Program staff serving your area.
Cumulative Disaster Designation Map
Intertribal Agriculture Council Informational Sheet
FSA, the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and the Intertribal Agriculture Council (IAC) have developed an information sheet for Indian operators on Indian Trust Lands. For more information, visit http://www.indianaglink.com/.
FOIA/PRIVACY ACT REQUESTS
To submit a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and/or a Privacy Act request regarding Montana FSA records, you may contact the record keeping FSA state or/and county office. For questions on FOIA inquiries with Montana FSA, contact FOIA Officer Jennifer Cole at (406) 654.1333, ext. 117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the Montana FSA Website, email the Webmaster at email@example.com or call (406) 654.1333, ext. 117.