Welcome to the USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) Montana Website

Our primary mission at the U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency is to assist Montana farmers and ranchers secure the greatest possible benefit from programs administered by FSA such as farm loans, commodity price support, disaster relief, conservation, or other available resources. The hard-working men and women of Montana’s 50 FSA offices are at the forefront of our efforts and remain the primary contact for program participation. We encourage you to speak with the staff at your local FSA office on how we can be of service. Our user friendly web site features the monthly newsletter and upcoming program deadlines, can help you learn more about FSA programs and services and help you locate your local FSA Service Center.

Best Wishes,
Mike Foster
State Executive Director

Montana FSA State Office

P.O. Box 670
Bozeman, MT 59771
Phone: (406) 587-6872
Fax: (855) 546-0264


  • March 16 to May 14: 2019 Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) Spring Managed Grazing Period (prior approval required)
  • April 15: Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) producers with 2019 Perennial Forage intended for mechanical harvest or grazing are required to report their crop acreage 15 calendar days before the onset of harvest or grazing of the specific crop acreage. NAP producers are encouraged to report perennial forage acreage by April 15.
  • May 1: Final day to certify 2018 production for the Market Facilitation Program for producers of corn, cotton, sorghum, soybeans, wheat, dairy, hogs, fresh sweet cherries and shelled almonds
  • May 24: NAP Producers have a one-time opportunity until May 24, 2019 to obtain buy-up coverage for 2019 or 2020 eligible crops for which the NAP application closing date has passed.
  • May 31: Final availability date for Commodity Loans for Corn, Dry Peas, Grain Sorghum, Lentils, Mustard Seed, Rice, Safflower Seed, Chickpeas, Soybeans and Sunflower Seed
  • June 14 to Aug. 1: Nomination period for 2019 FSA County Commitee Elections
  • July 15: 2019 acreage/crop reporting deadline for spring seeded alfalfa seed, forage seeding, Conservation Reserve Program (CRP), Perennial Forage not covered under NAP, and all other crops not required to be reported by a previous reporting date. Please note that this is the final date that FSA can accept late-filed 2018 reports for these crops.
  • July 16 to Sept. 13: 2019 CRP Summer/Fall Managed Harvesting Period (prior approval required)
  • Aug. 1: Deadline to request a farm reconstitution for 2019
  • Sept. 1: 2020 NAP Coverage Sales Closing Date for Value-Loss Crops such as Nursery, Christmas Trees, Grass Sod, Ginseng, Aquaculture, Floriculture, Root Stock Sets and Mushrooms
  • Sept. 30: 2020 NAP Coverage Sales Closing Date for Annual Fall-Seeded Crops, Perennial Forage and Grazing, Mixed Forage Crops (including Spring-Seeded Annual Types of Mixed Forage, Rye, Speltz, Triticale, Wheat and Garlic)

For more information, contact your local FSA office and/or visit Montana FSA online at

Are you interested in a Farm Loan through USDA Farm Service Agency?

For more information, visit, or contact your local FSA office at

Conducting Business with FSA Electronically

With a USDA Customer Level 2 eAuth Account you can have one stop access to your USDA program participation information.

Visit the Online Services page for apps:

Montana Natural Disaster Designations - FSA Emergency Loans

The following map outline the Montana counties with USDA Disaster Designation Declarations. Producers have eight months from the date of the designation to apply for an Emergency Loan with FSA. For questions about eligibility and/or to apply for an Emergency Loan, contact your local FSA office to schedule an appointment with the Farm Loan Program staff serving your area.

Cumulative Disaster Designation Map

Intertribal Agriculture Council Informational Sheet

FSA, the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and the Intertribal Agriculture Council (IAC) have developed an information sheet for Indian operators on Indian Trust Lands. For more information, visit


To submit a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and/or a Privacy Act request regarding Montana FSA records, you may contact the record keeping FSA state or/and county office. For questions on FOIA inquiries with Montana FSA, contact FOIA Officer Jennifer Cole at (406) 654.1333, ext. 117 or


For questions regarding the Montana FSA Website, email the Webmaster at or call (406) 654.1333, ext. 117.