Welcome to Idaho Farm Service Agency
FSA Disaster Program Matrix
Please contact your local office (click here) for more information.
County Committee Elections
Lead Your FSA: 2018 FSA County Committee Election – Vote Today!
Elections are taking place now for USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) county committees. Eligible voters started receiving ballots the week of Nov. 5, 2018.
Producers must participate or cooperate in an FSA program to be eligible to vote in the county committee election. Farmers and ranchers who supervise and conduct the farming operations of an entire farm, but are not of legal voting age, may also be eligible to vote.
County committees are unique to FSA and serve as a direct link between agricultural communities across the country and USDA. Stop by your local FSA office to learn about the candidates running in your area or look for information in your local FSA GovDelivery monthly electronic bulletin. Not receiving our emails? Sign up today!
Make your vote count! All ballots must be returned to your local FSA office, or postmarked no later than, Dec. 3, 2018.
For more information on FSA county committees, visit www.fsa.usda.gov/elections.
Important Election Dates
June 15, 2018
The nomination period begins. Request nomination forms from the local USDA Service Center or obtain online at http://www.fsa.usda.gov/elections
Aug. 1, 2018
Last day to file nomination forms at the local USDA Service Center
Nov. 5, 2018
Ballots mailed to eligible voters
Dec. 3, 2018
Last day to return voted ballots to the USDA Service Center
Jan. 1, 2019
Newly elected county committee members take office
Farm Loan Programs
Microloan limit now at $50,000. For information about microloans and other Farm Service Agency loan products click here.
Dates to Remember
- December 1, 2018: Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) Application Closing Date for perennial grass seed crops, all other perennial crops, annual planted mixed forage crops, and honey.
- December 3, 2018: Last day to Return Voted County Committee Election Ballots to local FSA Offices
- December 3, 2018: 2017 Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP) Application for Payment deadline. A notice of loss must be filed with the local FSA office by the later of 30 calendar days of when the loss was apparent to the livestock owner or December 3, 2018.
- December 3, 2018: 2017 and 2018 Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees & Farm-Raised fish Program (ELAP) Notice of Loss and Application for Payment deadline.
- 2017 and subsequent years Tree Assistance Program (TAP) Application for Payment and supporting documentation deadline is December 3, 2018 OR 90 calendar days after the disaster event date or the loss is apparent to the producer.
- December 15, 2018: 2018 production due for NAP covered crops that have a 2019 acreage reporting date of 12/15.
- December 15, 2018: Acreage Reporting Deadline for fall alfalfa seed, fall canola, fall mint, fall-seeded small grains, lentils, peas, fall rapeseed, perennial forage.
- January 2, 2019: 2018 Honey production due for NAP participants. 2019 Acreage Reporting deadline for Honey.
- January 15, 2019: Marketing Facilitation Program Signup Deadline for Corn, Cotton, Dairy, Hogs, Sorghum, Soybean, Fresh Sweet Cherries, Shelled Almonds and Wheat Producers.
- January 30, 2019: 2018 Livestock Forage Disaster Program (LFP) Application for Payment and supporting documentation deadline.
- March 1, 2019: 2018 Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP) Application for Payment deadline. A notice of loss must be filed with the local FSA office by the later of 30 calendar days of when the loss is apparent to the owner or December 3, 2018.
- March 15, 2019: 2019 Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) Application Closing Date for spring planted crops (excluding annual planted mixed forage).
USDA Farm Service Agency
9173 West Barnes Drive, Suite B
Boise, Idaho 83709-1573
(855) 516-8875 Fax