Market Facilitation Program Enrollment Open

Nebraska Farm Service Agency offices across the state are working with producers on implementation of the Market Facilitation Program, the details of which were announced by Secretary Perdue on Aug. 27. Program sign-up is open and will be ongoing through Jan. 15, 2019, as total 2018 production numbers are needed for program enrollment for affected crops, including corn, soybeans, sorghum and wheat in Nebraska. Pork and dairy producers also are eligible for assistance, within program parameters. To read the news announcement, click here. A fact sheet outlining the program can be accessed by clicking here.

Acreage Reporting Deadline is Nov. 15 for Fall-Seeded Crops for 2019 Production 

Producers are reminded that accurate and timely acreage reports for all crop and land uses, including pastures, can prevent the potential loss of FSA program benefits, such as those for the Agriculture Risk Coverage and Price Loss Coverage programs. The next acreage reporting deadline is Nov. 15, 2018, for fall-seeded crops (such as wheat) and perennial forage crops such as alfalfa and grasses for 2019 production. Make an appointment now at your county FSA office to complete this process ahead of the deadline. To contact your local office, click here.

New Application Deadlines Nearing for Disaster Assistance Coverage for Some Crops

Producers who use the Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) for disaster assistance coverage of alfalfa, mixed forages, grass, aronia berries and grapes should take note of new application closing deadlines for coverage of these crops in 2019. Read more here

Farm Service Agency County Committee Elections Under Way: Ballots to be Sent This Fall

                                                     COC Election

The nomination period for USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) County Committees ended Aug. 1, 2018, and election in each county will take place starting in November.

County committees are unique to FSA and serve as a direct link between agricultural communities across the country and USDA. FSA has been interviewing current committee members across the country to spotlight their involvement in their county. Read what they have to say and check back each week.

You can have a role in agriculture in your local community by taking the time to vote in the FSA County Committee election. To learn more, call your County Executive Director (CED). To find your CED, click hereFor general information on FSA county committees, visit

Nebraska FSA Producer Newsletter
  • Click here for September 2018 Producer Newsletter
  • Click here for June 2018 Nebraska FSA News Hard Copy Edition
  • Click here for FSA Annual Policy Reminders
FSA Electronic News Service

GovDelivery, FSA’s digital news service, distributes timely information on Farm Bill programs. This service delivers important updates on program deadlines and requirements direct to your email address. You also can sign up to receive information through our GovDelivery text messaging service.

Click here for more information.
Click here to subscribe.

FSA Loan Servicing Options

There are options for Farm Service Agency loan customers experiencing financial stress. If you are a borrower who is unable to make payments on a loan, contact your local FSA Farm Loan Manager to learn about the options available to you.

Primary and Preservation Loan Servicing for Delinquent FSA Borrowers Fact Sheet

Drought and Disaster Assistance Information

Implementation of disaster programs, authorized in the 2014 Farm Bill, is a top priority for USDA.

FSA Disaster Assistance Programs at a Glance – Fact Sheet

Nebraska Counties With Disaster Declarations, Eligibility for Emergency Loans
Additional Drought Information and Links

From the Nebraska FSA State Executive Director:

Our primary mission is to help Nebraska farmers and ranchers secure financial assistance from USDA programs through accurate, timely and efficient program delivery.

Nebraska FSA is proud to continue its strong tradition of providing customer-based service to Nebraska producers. The hard-working men and women of our FSA county offices are at the forefront of our efforts and remain the primary contact for program participation. We encourage you to speak with the staff at your local office about how we can be of service. Our website can help you learn more about FSA programs and services and help you locate your local FSA Service Center.

In the event you need additional assistance that you can't get from the local level, please don't hesitate to contact me the State FSA Office at the address or phone number listed below.

With regards,

Nancy Johner, Nebraska FSA State Executive Director

Contact us at:

7131 A Street
Lincoln, NE 68510
Phone: 402-437-5581
Fax: 844-930-0237