Coronavirus and USDA Service Centers
USDA Service Centers in North Carolina will continue to be open for business by phone appointment only and field work will continue with appropriate social distancing. While our program delivery staff will continue to come into the office, they will be working with our producers by phone, and using online tools whenever possible. All Service Center visitors wishing to conduct business with FSA are required to call their Service Center to schedule a phone appointment. In the event a Service Center is not currently available to serve customers on location, producers can receive assistance from the closest alternate Service Center by phone. Learn more at farmers.gov/coronavirus.
Welcome to North Carolina
Eddie Woodhouse, State Executive Director
“Farmers have always been the keepers of our great American values!”
- President Donald Trump
“The ‘miracle of America” the last seventy-five years is agriculture!”
-Secretary Sonny Perdue
You are important to President Trump and USDA Secretary Perdue! This Administration recognizes that ag producers are the centerpiece of rural prosperity in North Carolina. And, as the President states, you have greater challenges than any other industry, yet, resourcefully feed and clothe, not just this nation, but much of the world!
Want to become a producer? This website is for you!
Under-resourced? A woman? Youth? This website is for you!
And Farm Service Agency (FSA) is always a phone call away (Contact 919-875-4800)
Whatever you need, this website is designed to assist you in growing your operation, and get your products to the marketplace.
Bookmark this site, and visit regularly!
Coronavirus Food Assistance Program
Are you a farmer or rancher whose operation has been directly impacted by the coronavirus pandemic? The Coronavirus Food Assistance Program will provide direct relief to producers who faced price declines and additional marketing costs due to COVID-19.
Beginning May 26, FSA will begin accepting applications for CFAP. To find the latest information on CFAP, including forms and the contact information for your local Service Center, visit farmers.gov/CFAP.
In The News
- USDA Issues $1.68 Billion in Payments to Producers Enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program (October 15, 2020)
- USDA Announces Oct. 30 Deadline to Submit Wildfire, Hurricane Disaster Assistance Applications (October 9, 2020)
- USDA to Provide Additional Direct Assistance to Farmers and Ranchers Impacted by the Coronavirus (September 18, 2020)
- USDA Reminds Farmers of September 30 Deadline to Update Safety-Net Program Crop Yields (September 9, 2020)
- USDA Announces More Eligible Commodities for CFAP (August 11, 2020)
- New USDA Survey to Measure Areas for Improvement (August 7, 2020)
- USDA Offers Annual Installment Deferral Option for Farm Storage Facility Loan Borrowers (August 6, 2020)
- North Carolina Farmers Can Now Apply Online for Financial Assistance through USDA's Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (July 17, 2020)
- USDA Announces More Than 1.2 Million Acres Accepted in Recent Signup for Conservation Reserve Program Grasslands (July 9, 2020)
- Additional Commodities Eligible for Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (July 9, 2020)
- May Margin Triggers Dairy Margin Coverage Program Payment (July 8, 2020)
- USDA Designates 10 Georgia Counties as Primary Natural Disaster Areas (July 8, 2020)
- North Carolina Farmers Can Now Apply Online for Financial Assistance through USDA's Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (July 7, 2020)
- USDA Reminds North Carolina Producers to Complete Crop Acreage Reports (July 1, 2020)
- North Carolina Farmers Can Now Apply Online for Financial Assistance through USDA's Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (July 1, 2020)
It's that time of year! Farming fans tune in this month to see how Team USDA MVPs can help your land bring its A-game. View more information here
Farm Service Agency Accepting Nominations for County Committees June 15 through Aug. 1
The nomination period for USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) county committees runs June 15 through Aug. 1, 2020, and elections will take place starting in November.
County committees are unique to FSA and serve as a direct link between agricultural communities across the country and USDA. For more information on FSA county committees, visit fsa.usda.gov/elections.
State Committee Members
- Alice Scott, Chairman
- Jeffery Lee, Member
- Nathan Ramsey, Member
- Richard Renegar, Member
- Jeff Tyson, Member
SIGN UP NOW: ELECTRONIC BULLETINS AND INFORMATION
GovDelivery is a free email service that enables FSA County Offices to send bulletins, deadline reminders and newsletters instantly. Sign up now to receive information faster and reduce printing and mailing costs. Sign up for updates
.You may also visit your local office for a copy of the newsletter.
Call or write to us at:
United States Department of Agriculture
North Carolina State FSA Office
4407 Bland Road, Suite 175
Raleigh, NC 27609
(919) 875 - 4800
October 12, 2020 - Columbus Day Holiday (Offices Closed)
November 11, 2020 - Veteran's Day Holiday (Offices Closed)
November 26, 2020 - Thanksgiving Day Holiday (Offices Closed)
December 25, 2020 -Christmas Day Holiday (Offices Closed)
January 1, 2021 - New Year's Day Holiday (Offices Closed)